BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Me, Myself and a girl named .....

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
She sits alone in a smoke filled cafe. Watching as the world goes by.. She has the looks that tell the truths when she lies. She says she's all your dreams are made of..and everything that you'll never understand... And since you're lost, perhaps you can step inside and stay a while.."Welcome to the 100% Satisfaction Eh?!".

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"Hey..Now, now...Watch your mouth!"

"Puk*mak budak ni, camne kau boleh hilang!" (or in translation) " **** you, where on earth have you been?"

This is one of the few sentences I remember when a child walking at Pasar Malam ( Night Market), a mother scolding her own child in front of a group of people.

WORD CHOICE: puk*mak, why would u swear on your own pussy or how do u name it?

But to think on this issue again, why is such word a bad word? Word like S.H.I.T, F.U.C.K, cibai, lanchau, puki, etc... I mean, they don't mean bad things, or do they?

So what qualifies as a swear word? S.H.I.T means "ship high in transit" (but refers to of course shit/dung), F.U.C.K stands for "for unlawful carnal knowledge", cibai, lanchau, puki is a reference towards human's private parts. What's so bad with these words? Why are these words "blocked out" on Malaysian tv for example? Why?? Maybe because they were taboo "back then"?

Well, I don't use swear words on a freuqent basis, so that's a good start right.

My opinion on this? I don't think it's bad, maybe just inappropriate. You wouldn't want your kids to say all those things now do u?

So as I use to say to friends who do swear "hey..now, now.. Watch ur mouth!"

0 comments:

Work To Be Happy