BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Me, Myself and a girl named .....

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
She sits alone in a smoke filled cafe. Watching as the world goes by.. She has the looks that tell the truths when she lies. She says she's all your dreams are made of..and everything that you'll never understand... And since you're lost, perhaps you can step inside and stay a while.."Welcome to the 100% Satisfaction Eh?!".

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Owh..Work and work *sigh*

So here I am, trying to read up on "stuff I should know" as an engineering graduate.. And I go, "hey I know this", or perhaps "I've seen this before.. "And yes, I've learned about them, took exams on them, wrote papers on them".. But what do they all mean?

I rack my brains and can't remember what role they played in the whole equation.. Sad isn't it? But there u go.. A waste of a 3-yr diploma study. And I believe I'm not alone on this one.. How many of u read the paper, magazines, or even watch tv and go on saying "Hey, I learned about this before!" but when asked about it, u don't know a single thing!

So, back to the story, I received a huge blow on my face yesterday at the workplace. I felt threatened and insecured and insulted. Why?

Because, there's this new candidate who's going to fill in the post as a structural engineer..
She is about the same age as me, going to sit nxt to me, and supposingly I have to work together with her.. I can accept that kind of arrangement, but the only thing that I could not or do not agree is when my boss made this statement " She's clever you know, and the way she talk is very impressive" Wow?

What's that supposed to mean? Should i think that he was trying to boost my self estimation by making out the statement or it's the other way of saying " Hey, you are not like her"
What I don't really understand, how can people judge the others from 1 time meeting session..?
Maybe he was impressed with the way she conducted herself during the interview..
I need to plan out a strategy,I think..
From the positive view, maybe what he meant was ' Prove to me you can do better"

To think back, It's good when you have this kind of rivalry thing at the work place. It wakes you up from dreaming and brings you back to reality of what we called ' LIFE' .. I should be doing okay, i guess. It's a healthy competition for me, maybe after this, who knows, I might turn out to be a better person, more wiser than before with a positive mind and working attitude.
It feels good to say these words, isn't it?

So, about the strategy..I will think about it (sighing) <--too lazy too think of any right now, ha ha!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dear zur, you didn't mention you have a new colleague who will is sitting next to you ;p
Well, take it as a challenge, which everyone need once a while or else, WORK will be so boring and dull. However, always remember.. you can't just work and play hard now ... but smarter :P
What do you think?

Work To Be Happy