BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Me, Myself and a girl named .....

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
She sits alone in a smoke filled cafe. Watching as the world goes by.. She has the looks that tell the truths when she lies. She says she's all your dreams are made of..and everything that you'll never understand... And since you're lost, perhaps you can step inside and stay a while.."Welcome to the 100% Satisfaction Eh?!".

Friday, August 21, 2009

Do you speak English or not? Your Malay sounds funny!

So here I was sitting at home with conjunctivitis, and wanted to share my experience with another airline: But it got me thinking, why am I so critical on airlines? I reread my blog entries (from my other blog account), and most are on airlines, and I just realize how I wrote back then and now are kind of different..

That's when I came to the conclusion: My English is getting worse!
Oh well.. Must be from lack of practice and use. Huhuhu.. The other day also, I was chatting up with a new found friend of mine from Kuching,Sarawak, and we spoke in Malay Sarawak. I keep on making mistakes in the conversation. So I changed my medium to English.. This is so against my principal but what to do? If I speak in English, it'll be mostly English, and no mistakes.

So as a personal observation I think I can only speak Malay to family members and maybe old friends who I'm comfortable with. Speaking Malay is so hard especially with people u just met, what's with how to address urself and other people. Whether to use I/U, aku/kau, saya/awak, or the 3rd person calling thingy.. Arghh, so confusing!

Oh, and I was also chatting up with a friend from Hokkaido,Japan. I told him "Hey,I got red eye". Now.. how Malaysian is that? As supposed to " Hey,I have the red eye"? LOL! Oh no, my English is getting more Malaysianized by the day!!

I guess I'm embracing my culture and language by the day then.. I just hope my English and Malay won't be too bad in a few months and years to come!

0 comments:

Work To Be Happy